Tuesday 4 October 2011

Weight Loss, The Stressful Way

This week I am trying out a new weight loss technique.  I am trying to STRESS the weight off.  On Friday Daughter had a riding lesson from 5 till 5.30.  She did not get on the horse until 5.20 so I had to phone hubby to come and watch while I zipped off to a local museum where I had 18 Beavers (small scouts, not dam-building mammals) waiting for me.  When I put my hand in my pocket I realised I had not paid for the lesson.

Saturday, I left Son at home while I popped to the stables to pay, and then nipped in to the shop for a couple of bits.  Notice the words 'pop' and 'nip.'  This was a quick trip out.  An hour later Daughter and I jumped in the car, errands finally completed and started the engine.  A hideous grinding sound came out from under the bonnet, and then nothing. It was dead.  Worrying about son (aged 8) being home alone for so long we abandoned the car in the car park and hurried home.  He was fine of course, still stuck in front of the Play Station, exactly as he had been when we left him.

I phoned my chosen breakdown rescuing people, and they agreed to phone me 10 minutes before arrival, as I had two children to deal with.  Daughter had a dance lesson to go to so we decided to cycle.  (This is where the weight loss comes in)  One of the other parents greets me with 'Is your car all sorted now?'  I was very confused as to how she knew it was broken, until she explained she had just seen my chosen breakdown van in the car park next to my car.  I rushed home and phoned them, they had arrived, but not phoned me. 

Finally I got the phone call and met the nice man at the car.  He got it started but I needed a new starter motor so on Monday morning off I went to the garage to drop the car off.  2pm and I picked it back up again.  My wallet was considerably lighter but I had my car back.  Yippeee.

Tuesday morning I went out to do the school run.  The car won't start.  Rushing to get to school on time we hopped on our bikes and pedalled like fury.  Both children deliverd to school, out of breath, but on time. The car is back in the garage and my credit card is cowering in a corner.

So with all this enforced exercise, and the additional stress of funding repairs, and all the rushing around involved will I have lost weight this week?  Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment